If you thought that bartending is a simple task of just mixing a few alcohols, then you’ve been mistaken. This profession requires a great deal of knowledge since unlike a desk job, this is a practical one. There are many theoretical and practical aspects that you need to learn to come up with innovative ideas to become a successful bartender. Which is why choosing the right schools like emploi bar École du Bar formation in Montreal is necessary to get a suitable job. If wondering what makes a bartending school worthy of your time and money, then just read through the guide below.
- The bartending school should introduce you to different modules that’ll help you learn everything about cocktails from scratch.
- The training begins with module number 1. This is the first session where you get to learn how to pour liquids in the correct ratio to enhance taste and flavor.
- Next comes the skills of using both hands in a precise solid way while making a cocktail. It is the USP of every good bartender.
- One of the few firsts that bartenders learn about is the in-depth knowledge of wine. A bartender should be aware of how wines are made and should be able to distinguish between different types of wines from taste and look.
- Once you get a taste of wines, it’s time for practical sessions. Every good bartending school like EBM offers training sessions with different pubs, bars, as well as cruise ships for all deserving candidates.
- You get to work with professionals and learn more about the basics of bartending and mixing techniques.
- Once you complete your training sessions, you are further trained for speed. All bartenders should be able to move their hands swiftly.
- Once you master the art of moving your hands, you are further taught about mixing techniques without the need for a measuring instrument.
- Towards the end comes your exams. You’re awarded a degree after passing the tests with flying colors.
Having said that, not all schools will deliver all these in-depth training sessions. Which is why, choosing a reputable bartending school is a must if you want to work at good pubs, bars, and cruise ships as you progress.
On a closing note, bartenders earn a lot of money in the form of handsome tips that happy customers offer in lieu of extraordinary skills. Thus, this is a lucrative profession, worth the money that you invest in learning it.