Practically, since the dawn of business there’s always been a need of getting it ‘out there’ and getting your message across to your customers. There’s always been some form of marketing around, whether it be basic, such as word of mouth, or more involved like tv or radio advertisements – and then there’s digital marketing. Business just simply cannot stay ahead without getting its brand known and increasing their customer base.
With the digitalisation of everything, and more and more people going online than ever before it’s vital that you equip your workforce with the necessary digital marketing skills to ensure successful and effective digital transformation in your workplace.
Make sure your staff are adequately skilled to effect digital transformation in your workplace by ensuring that they complete a digital marketing course and regularly refresh their skills and learning in all aspects of the digital world.
Developing a digital friendly culture in your business is crucial to drive digital transformation. There are so many technological trends to keep abreast of and so many new technologies bursting onto the digital scene that it could make or break your business if you fail to equip your workforce with the correct digital skills.
Digital transformation explained
Digital transformation is the fourth industrial revolution and is the process of integrating digital technology into all aspects of your business. There can be no doubt that achieving this can be a challenge, even for the largest of businesses.
Digital technology is being developed at a rapid pace and shows no sign of slowing down. Therefore, digital technologies and their marketing strategies will always be evolving alongside this new technology.
Why drive digital transformation in your workplace?
Many businesses are replacing traditional engagement with their customers, which means nearly all interactions are being powered by using digital technology. Therefore, the rapid advance of digital transformation must be embraced by companies.
Steps to drive digital transformation
All businesses are different, therefore the digital transformation process may be approached differently, although there a key fundamental that need to be taken into consideration when undertaking this transformation.
There are many tools available to achieve this digital transformation as well as many companies that specialise in taking your organisation through the often-complex process.
Tips to help drive digital transformation in your workplace
Now that we fully understand that digital is here to stay, it’s a great idea to start putting a digital transformation strategy in place. Although there’s a lot of hype surrounding digital transformation around its complexities and failures, a lot of organisations find success when facing the demands of digitalisation.
Here are a few areas where this process demands attention and a well-thought out strategy:
- Digital culture – Ensuring that your business gets on board with everything digital sooner rather than later is important, therefore creating a digital culture within your organisation will go a long way to ensure a smooth transition for your workforce. By creating a digital friendly culture your workforce will be empowered to work in new ways and be ready for all things ‘digital’. Ensuring digital literacy in your workplace not only benefits your employees but will take your business to new digital heights.
- Be a visionary – Developing, communicating and executing a successful digital transformation project needs vision. Oftentimes, the challenges are so big and seem so unattainable that a business embarking on digital transformation needs a clear, concise vision of the digital future of their business.
- Uniformed clarity on process – Decide what approach your company can afford to make towards its digital transformation and ensuring clarity and uniformity across your organisation moving forward, from leadership down, will ensure a better way forward with the transition.
- The right workforce – Having the right, education skilled workforce in place to affect your digital transformation is a non-negotiable. Capable and skilled employees will ensure a correct and seamless transformation.
- Communication – Frequent communication from all the digital transformation stakeholders will ensure a smooth transition. Employees involved in any aspect of the transformation will need to be constantly kept up to date.
- Analyse your results – Once you have achieved digital transformation in your workplace, remember to analyse your results and make the necessary adjustments to improve your digital transition.